Senior Physiotherapist (Full-Time)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Sandy Park Stadium
Closing date: 01/08/2014
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Exeter Chiefs Rugby Club to join our experienced sports medical team. Exeter Chiefs are the Westcountry’s Premier Sporting Club, featuring in the Aviva Premiership, LV= Cup and the highly prestigious European Cup.
Formed in 1871, Exeter Chiefs Rugby Club is steeped in long-standing tradition and prides itself on delivering professional workmanship, both on and off the field. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hard working senior physiotherapist to work alongside our senior training squad. The correct candidate will immediately be able to add their value and drive to this dynamic medical team.
The senior physiotherapist will be responsible for developing, supporting and implementing the delivery of the medical teams plan, established by the head of sports medicine and lead physiotherapist. This will cover clinical diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation, injury prevention, developing junior members of staff and specialised duties as required.
• BSc Physiotherapy
• Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) registration.
• Health Professions Council (HCPC) registration.
• 2+ years experience working in elite sport.
• Msc in Sports Physiotherapy or equivalent
• Experience in high level rugby union.
• Pitch side care qualification (ICIS).
Provide accurate diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of the senior in house playing squad players. To liaise with the lead physiotherapist to formulate, co-ordinate and supervise detailed recorded prehabilitation and rehabilitation programmes. Liaise with the lead physiotherapist regarding the progress of all injured players to ensure accurate injury information can be disseminated to the coaching staff.
Deliver advanced manual therapy intervention to assist and maintain a professional training squad.
• Liaise with the lead physiotherapist and medical team regarding daily assessment, treatment, pre/rehabilitation and injury status of players.
• Adopt a key role in the management and development of senior squad medical structure
• Assist with care, treatment and prehab/rehab of the senior squad.
• Assist with daily and weekly musculoskeletal screening of all players as required.
• Provide match day physiotherapy cover across all teams senior, ‘A’ league and academy matches. Also provide training day cover.
• To plan, develop and progress co-ordinated rehabilitation programmes in conjunction with the lead physiotherapist, rehabilitator and strength and conditioning coaches.
• Keeping documentation on all aspects of injury management in accordance to the standards set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and Health Professions Council (HCPC).
• Assist the medical team with administrative obligation such as injury audits, medical insurance and other matters as required.
• To keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the departments CPD programme.
• To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the applicant capabilities.
How to apply
1. Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The closing date for applications is 01/08/14.
3. Interviews will take place on the 14/08/14. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by email.
Sandy Park Match-Day Staff
The job will be for 2014/15 match-days predominantly, which will start in September and run until May.
There are usually two home games a month and staff are expected to work all match-days.
A usual match-day shift, with a 3pm kick off would be 12pm – 6pm, but can vary depending on kick-off and numbers dining.
There will be other shifts to pick up in the conference & banqueting centre for those who are interested.
To apply please email email@example.com for an application form.