Chiefs duo in Under-20s squad
Picture: England Rugby
By Mark Stevens
Exeter Chiefs duo Josh Caulfield and Marcus Street have both been named in the England Under-20s squad that shows seven changes to the starting line-up for their Six Nations match against Scotland at Franklin’s Gardens on Saturday (6:15pm).
Second-row forward Caulfield will start the game alongside the returning Will Butler, Joe Cokanasiga, Curtis Langdon, Max Malins, Jack Nay and Harry Randall, while Street, who featured for England Under-18s in their 43-14 win against France last weekend, is named among the replacements.
England U20s, who are top of the 2017 Six Nations table after three bonus point victories in their three matches so far, welcome Newcastle Falcons forward Max Davies into the team at lock for his first start after he made his debut in the victory over Italy.
London Irish fly-half Theo Brophy Clews and Saracens prop forward Ralph Adams-Hale are among the replacements as they return from injury and both could make their first appearance in this year’s Six Nations.
Bath No.8 Zach Mercer will continue to captain the team following Ben Earl’s knee injury which ruled him out of the tournament.
A bonus-point win could see England secure their sixth U20 Six Nations title, with a game remaining, if Wales beat Ireland at Eirias Park.
England U20 coach Ian Vass said: “It is credit to the environment and the pool of players that selection is so competitive. We work hard on improving each week and there is a positive mind-set in camp so hopefully we can produce another good performance.
“Scotland have shown so far in the competition they are dangerous on the attack and they will come at us hard, but we just need to focus on how we perform.”
England U20 team to face Scotland U20:
15. Tom Parton (London Irish)
14. Joe Cokanasiga (London Irish)
13. Dominic Morris (Saracens)
12. Will Butler (Worcester Warriors)
11. Sam Aspland-Robinson (Harlequins)
10. Max Malins (Saracens)
9. Harry Randall (Gloucester Rugby)
1. Ollie Dawe (Bristol Rugby)
2. Curtis Langdon (Sale Sharks)
3. Ciaran Knight (Gloucester Rugby)
4. Josh Caulfield (Exeter Chiefs)
5. Max Davies (Newcastle Falcons)
6. Jack Nay (Saracens)
7. Ben Curry (Sale Sharks)
8. Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby) captain
16. Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons)
17. Ralph Adams-Hale (Saracens)
18. Marcus Street (Exeter Chiefs)
19. Ted Hill (Worcester Warriors)
20. Josh Bayliss (Bath Rugby)
21. Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints)
22. Theo Brophy Clews (London Irish)
23. Max Wright (Yorkshire Carnegie)