Signed 4 Mind - Premiership shirts auction
By Mark Stevens
As part of Premiership Rugby’s commitment to helping people through the COVID-19 pandemic we have teamed up with the charity Mind to auction a signed shirt from each of our 12 clubs.Last month, Premiership Rugby and its clubs sprung into action to support isolated fans with the #MakeThatCall movement. Launched initially by Wasps before spreading throughout the League, #MakeThatCall has seen players, coaches, famous fans and our own rugby bosses call fans in isolation to simply have a chat and offer support.And to continue offering support you can now bid on a shirt from the Premiership Rugby club of choice signed by members of the 2019-20 first team – with the money raised going to Mind, the mental health charity.
Premiership Rugby chief executive Darren Childs said: “I’m delighted that Premiership Rugby, with the help of our brilliant clubs, can offer support to communities who need it most during this time.
“It’s been inspiring to see the way the Premiership Rugby clubs and their players have stepped up in a time of national crisis with campaigns like #MakeThatCall and we hope this shirt auction will make a big difference too.
“Mind do some incredible work to ensure no one has to face mental health problems alone and it’s more important now than, so please dig deep and help us to raise some much-needed funds for a great charity.”
Mind have developed a coronavirus and your wellbeing toolkit with lots of things you can try that could help your wellbeing. It includes tips for staying at home or indoors, how to take care of your mental health and wellbeing along with a useful checklist.
Hayley Jarvis, Head of Physical Activity for Mind, said: “We’re tremendously grateful to Premiership Rugby for choosing Mind to benefit from their #Signed4Mind fundraiser. We know the power that sport has to raise awareness and funds for mental health at a time when more people than ever need Mind’s support. Every penny raised will go towards Mind’s vital work to ensure that the one in four of us who will experience a mental health problem each year has somewhere to turn. We look forward to working closely with Premiership Rugby and hope that #Signed4Mind not only raises funds but also helps to break down the stigma around mental health and encourage more people to have their mate’s back through life’s ups and downs.”
- We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. We won't give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect.
- For more information on Mind’s work in the sport sector see mind.org.uk/sport
- Please note that Mind is not an acronym and should be set in title case.
- Mind has a confidential information and support line, Mind Infoline, available on 0300 123 3393 (lines open 9am - 6pm, Monday – Friday)
- To access to a range of free images to accompany mental health news stories, visit: www.time-to-change.org.uk/getthepicture. These images have been developed by Time to Change, the campaign to change how we all think and act about mental health problems. Time to Change is led by the charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, and funded by the Department of Health, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.